Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/28/12-Unusual RVs & A Fire

Here are some pictures I've been wanting to share with you for awhile. I didn't see anything like this at the RV show this past Saturday. In fact, they didn't have anything out of the ordinary, which was disappointing. I've come to believe you can live in just about anything that matches your heart and soul, and meets your needs.

I saw this 1/2 boat-1/2 RV in the mid-1980s. See? My attraction to the RV life goes WAY back. ;)




Then there is the revolutionary VW Doubleback T5 California camper. Way cool if you have the $$$$. I'm sharing Jerry's pictures because he has the best I've seen of this vehicle.



Then there's the picture that I had hoped I would never see. I drove through my neighborhood RV park this evening and was going to ask them about their monthly rates. I wish I hadn't.


The satellite dish is still in place and I was amazed that the other nearby trailers weren't damaged. My greatest fear right in front of my eyes. Please dear wonderful readers, tell me this isn't common. My furry babies will be alone in mine during the day while I"m at work. :(

8 comments:

  1. i don't think fire in one of these is any more common than in a house. that first one looks like it drove to fast for its on self. i like that pullout of the back of the SUV that is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sandra - I love the analogy on the boat/rv.... star trek, warp 10 comes to mind. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, thats not that common!! This could have been from someone leaving a space heater on to close to something, like the fabric covered dinette seats, or the sofa....who knows, it could have shorted out!! Don't let this deter your plans though!! After all, accidents happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, yes, I agree. Don't know why it scares me so but I promise it won't deter me. Nor wind, nor rain, nor fire, nor tornadoes, etc. ;)

      Delete
  4. I don't know how common that is but I wouldn't think it would be very.
    I've always thought it would be fun to travel across the country in an RV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll be doing it one day Ann so stay tuned and you can read about my adventures. :)

      Delete
  5. The one that caught fire appears to have been the ammonia absorption refrigerator. A good reminder to have the gas part of the fridge checked out for insect nests regularly, I bet it lit on gas during a power failure and caught the slide out on fire. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete